A small introduction to Aquaponics
We are where we are now because a long time ago our ancestors decided to settle down. Once they did that they developed agriculture, formed tribes, communities, villages, and cities.
The backbone of that success was agriculture. As science, engineering, and technology progressed, so did the agriculture. The focus of this review will be put on aquaponics, one of the most efficient ways of growing 100% organic food.
Some archaeologists suggest that Aztecs were the first civilization to use aquaponics system. Others suggest that Chinese settlers used early forms of aquaponic systems for growing rice.
Today, aquaponics systems are used on fish ponds all across China for the purpose of growing organic rice, wheat, and other important crops.
What exactly is Aquaponics?
Aquaponics became more and more popular since the late ’90s and its popularity has been growing ever since.
The word aquaponics is a combination of two words, aquaculture, and hydroponics. Aquaculture is a method of growing fish or other aquatic animals in water tanks, while the hydroponics is a method of growing plants in water.
Consequently, people eventually figured out that the common denominator for both techniques is water. Thus, they’ve figured out the ingenious way to merge both methods into one symbiotic system where both plants and fish will coexist benefit from each other.
How does aquaponics work?
In conventional agriculture animal waste causes a lot of issues, the biggest one being animal waste. Animals eat, poop, and their waste has to go somewhere, and that somewhere usually accumulates in water. Water toxicity heightens, meaning that the toxicity in plants that use that water also heightens.
The aquaponic system actually benefits from that animal waste. It uses that “toxic” water from the aquaculture system to feed hydroponic system.
Here’s how it works.
- Fish raised in aquaculture system produce ammonia, algae, and other byproducts.
- Water from that aquaculture system is used to feed plants that are growing in the hydroponics system.
- These plants benefit from that water and are simultaneously breaking down these fish byproducts into nitrites and nitrates with the use of their nitrifying bacteria.
- Plants use these nitrates as nutrients, and thus they grow with the help of fish poop!
- In return, fish (or some other aquatic animal) filters the water, which is necessary for the existence of aquatic animals.
Now tell me that this is not both cool and genius!
Why is it important to have your own Aquaponic System?
Having your own aquaponic system is imminent, especially in our time. The biggest motivation for developing your own aquaponic systems is health. 100% organic food.
Most of us buy our food in supermarkets, and that food is far from being healthy or organic. On the contrary, it is unhealthy, even if you are buying vegetables and fruit.
- most of the products in supermarkets are sprayed with pesticides
- fertilizers that farmers use are usually cheap fertilizers filled with toxic chemicals
- genetically modified food is slowly but surely replacing the organic and natural food in your supermarkets
- growing your own food using the aquaponic system will even save you some money
There are dozens of scientific and academic articles that prove short and long term consequences of eating food sprayed with pesticides. This toxic food can cause many diseases, such as cancer, Parkinson’s, diabetes and other deadly illnesses.
I also need to mention that GMO has direct consequences on our DNA. After all, we are what we eat. Everything we do leaves the track on our DNA, and eating GMO will certainly leave an unpredictable effect on our DNA.
Companies like Monsanto claim that there is no need for testing the effects of GMO on our health. Who is stopping them? Absolutely no one.
There are hundreds of reasons why everyone should grow their own food, and going with aquaponics is certainly the best way to go.
Easy DIY Aquaponics
After researching reviews of different aquaponics systems I stumbled upon Easy DIY Aquaponics. The man behind this unique bundle is an organic gardening enthusiast Andrew Endres.
Easy DIY Aquaponics is friendly to use do it yourself method. By using Andrew’s methods, you will grow 100% organic food 4 times faster than you would with conventional methods. Let me present you some of the benefits of Easy DIY Aquaponics.
- Once you set up this system, 95% of the work is done. You’ll be able to sit back, enjoy and witness your own food growing.
- The system is very practical and easy to maintain, which means that anyone can learn how to use it.
- You don’t have to weed your plants! The way this system operates, plants grow in beds that are placed high above the ground.
- No need to water your plants!
- Forget about using and maintaining pitchforks, plows rakes… You won’t need them anymore!
- Because of how this system functions, you don’t have to fertilize your plants. Your fishes are your fertilizers.
Will I be able to set this system by myself?
A strong desire to grow your own food is all you need to set this system up and running.
Andrew is very passionate about this. For this reason, he did step by step tutorial for anyone who buys his system. All you need is some simple tools and materials which you probably already have at your home.
All need parts are listed, so if you don’t have some parts, you can print them and take them to your local hardware store.
Once you set the system, all you have to do is feed the fish and plant your seeds accordingly. This is an ecosystem, which means that it will take care of itself! There are hundreds of reviews from beginners which praise very clear instructions.
What is included in this offer?
Easy DIY Aquaponics comes with many features.
- You will get the list of all the tools and parts you need to make this system, from the size of the material to the exact number of nails and screws you need.
- Written guidelines and videos that slowly and clearly showcase how to make this system.
- It is obvious that fish play an important role in this ecosystem. You will get free advice on what kinds of fish work best for this aquaponic system.
- 3D design of the system. That way you can get a clear idea of how to build this system and how it works.
- Andrew understands that his customer’s happiness is the most important thing to him. Without happy customers, no one will write good reviews and no one will buy this. Because of this, he is available 24/7, willing to help anyone at any time!
Easy DIY Aquaponics also comes with bonuses!
That’s right, free bonuses!
This guide will help you set up your own worm farm. When it comes to organic growing, nothing is thrown away. Put your foods scraps to good use and make your own worm farm!
Insider Tips On Healthy Living
Guidelines that contain pieces of advice from nutritionists and fitness experts on how to live a healthy life. Proper exercises and the right diet will not only improve your health but will also improve the way you and the people around think about you.
Build a Windmill Plans
Wouldn’t it be great to have your own income of energy? Well, with these guidelines you will learn how to harness the wind and reduce your electricity bill!
Vegan Cooking for Newbies
Even if you are not Vegan, with this cookbook you will learn how to cook that organically grown vegetables.
In this age of uncertainty, knowing what plant has which nutrients and for what purposes can you use every plant is almost mandatory! This book is very interesting and full of pictures that attentively present each plant.
Why is it important to have all this?
Growing and eating 100% organic food is the primary reason why Andrew came up with this offer. Putting aside the obvious health reasons, there are also economic benefits that come with this aquaponics system.
Putting aside the obvious health reasons, there are also economic benefits that come with this aquaponics system. Growing your own food means that you won’t have to buy it in supermarkets. Besides, you don’t want to be buying fruits or vegetables in supermarkets in the first place.
World’s market system is highly sophisticated and liberal, but it is also fragile and vulnerable to many things. Droughts, storms, floods, and even terrorist attacks can happen anywhere.
Now I’m not saying this to scare you, I honestly believe that; it is better to be safe than sorry.
But anyone who grows their own food will tell you it tastes better than anything else. Being able to watch your plants grow from seeds to mature plants is a privilege in itself.
And when you harvest your own tomato, you will appreciate it 10 times more than any other product you buy, because you know exactly where and how that tomato came from seed to fruit